As you may or may not know, early next week I am leaving to study/live/travel/and otherwise adventure in Peru for the next five months. I am finding myself more and more excited and terrified every day. Although I have moved to another country for half a year before, that was with the comfort of my mother and brother accompanying me and this time it's simply not the same. I am however, now 20 instead of 16, and despite my ever-growing fear I am fairly sure it will be five of the best months of my life. I am (very) slowly but surely packing up my apartment to move back to Wauwatosa on Saturday morning (just hours after a going away party...might be a little rough); it is stressful but I am grateful for one last weekend with my family before heading out on my newest adventure.
I have chosen a family to live with in Peru, los Patiños. My host parents are Nancy and Tito, and I have three host siblings: Melissa (22), Elizabeth (21), and Benjamin (17). My emails back and forth with Nancy have been very nice and exciting--she seems so welcoming and happy to have me. She signs her emails with "un besito" (a kiss, for those of you non-Spanish speakers). Isn't that adorable? I am very grateful to be living with them.
Well I suppose I will sign off for the day, since I have no true adventures to speak of yet. I fly out of Chicago early on Monday the 10th, and I arrive in Lima 12 hours later. I will update as soon as I get there and am not sleeping off my jetlag/fear and inability to communicate with my family. !!!!!!!!!!!
Adios chicos,
Julia

No comments:
Post a Comment