Wednesday, August 12, 2009

¡Qué botella tan grandísima! Sí, es normal, ¿no?

Today was the first day of school, it went incredibly well.  I met tons of exchange students and had lots of time to practice my spanish.  I also listened to a long lecture from one of the higher ups in the university and understood almost all of it, which was great and very reassuring. After that I went home with the four other new students at la católica that live in my house.  The bus ride was very interesting...crowded and jerky, but for the second half of the ride (it's about 40 minutes in total) I goofed around with a 12 year old kid who was a bit mentally retarded (his grandmother told me he has the cognition of a 3 year-old) so we got to make faces at each other and laugh a lot. It was much easier than spanish, and a much appreciated break.

After lunch and a tiny nap we went to a store called Wong, similar to a Walmart. I bought some random stuff and some food to have in my room (candy mostly :D) and then I messed around on the computer and drank tea and talked with the other students. I love having so many in my house-there is always someone to spend time with and I am never lonely. I do miss people at home, but with wireless in my room it's almost like I'm still there :) And everything is so fun and interesting that I am not sad.

Word of the day: CHIRIMOYA It's another type of fruit (I promise all my words won't be fruits, I just am really excited about these tropical delicacies) It is large and green and hard, in the shape of a heart. I bought one today after a girl at school told me about it; I have yet to eat it but it is currently decorating my dresser. I reckon I'll try it tomorrow :)

The title refers to a comment I made to a german girl at school about her 2.5 liter water bottle, thinking it was very strange. She told me it was normal, and indeed three hours later I found myself buying the exact same one. It was only about 50 US cents! Almost everything is very cheap here, which is so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment