After that the four of us went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. It was soo delicious and they gave us tons of food for like 3 dollars. God I love it here. Then we took the long combi ride home, I thought I would take a nap but ended up wasting time on the computer, and then went to have dinner with my family. This turned into the best part of the day, naturally. After dinner and talking with some of my million siblings, I decided to play the piano a bit because they weren't that many people home so I wasn't very embarrassed. I played the only two songs I know by heart and then another girl, Regina, decided to totally show me up and bust out her amazing piano skills! It was so cool. And we all gathered in the room to listen to her, and became like a little concert. After she stopped playing we all stayed and hung out, it was wonderful. When our mom came home she took pictures because she thought it was so great too. I have officially decided I am the luckiest girl on earth because my family and situation in terms of housing is absolutely PERFECT. Everyone is warm, our house is comfortable and felt like home immediately, there is always good food and laughter, music and love. It just really doesn't get much better. Can you tell I'm happy? :)
The best part is...during our family time, Colleen and I (with the help of our sister Meli) SOMEHOW convinced our hermanitos Benjamin y Mauricio to sign up for the salsa class with us! So Colleen and I now have partners and Kelly and Leia are still searching. Anyone know two Limeños who would like to dance salsa with pretty foreign girls once a week? There must be at least a million of them out there...
Around 10:30 Alison, Kevin, Colleen and I went out to a bar in San Isidro for some drinks with other Americans because it was a friend of ours birthday. We had a couple beers and came home, nothing too special to be honest. But it was nice because we were all exhausted.
Word of the day: ¡APÚRATE! Hurry up! One of the other students in my house, mi hermano de Indiana, is always the last one to be done eating breakfast and ready to go the combi in the morning, and finally this morning I asked my sister Meli how to say hurry up because we are constantly waiting for dude. However, it is in a nice way (in case you read this Kevin) because even though we have to wait for you cada día, we are never late and even if we were, let's be honest....we are running on Peruvian time on nothing matters. ¡No me importa!

No comments:
Post a Comment