Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Who's going to be the one to talk to her? You have to talk so slow!"

Today was great, I came home wonderfully happy, despite a very lengthy combi ride. My three hour ethnicity class was interesting but I'm really hoping I don't have to take it as it was so long and the dude has a horribly monotone voice. Hopefully I can get into a cinema class instead. My realidad social peruana class was MUCH better with this professor and I am crossing my fingers that I'll get in. Plus I have it with three of my favorite girls here so I can't complain! Dinner was delicious, I have no idea what it was but I loved it. In general, today was fun and happy :)

Quote: In between classes today my friends Leia, Colleen, Mariah and I were sitting at a cafe talking and we were discussing how strange it is to be a foreign exchange student. Leia was saying how with foreign students at home everyone dreads talking to them and avoids it because it's so hard to communicate, and the way she said it was just hilarious. It is kind of sad that that is how we are viewed by the Peruvians, but I'm over it. I am an exchange student and damn proud of it!

Word of the day: ERUCTO Burp. No funny story, just the result of trying to look up immature words during lunch with my girlfriends. 

Hope life is well back in los EEUU!

No comments:

Post a Comment