Saturday, August 22, 2009

"Soy un bro"

I am sure you are sick of hearing about my wonderful days here, no? Well you may as well stop reading right here, because things are magical and beautiful again! I am so blessed and happy.

Today I went to the store with some sisters of mine to buy a board game and a puzzle to have some stuff to do while we're hanging out at home. It's not that there aren't things to do already, we just wanted those things to have. After that we took two buses to go to a dance competition in a district fairly far away from ours. I was feeling crappy and not very happy about going, but it ended up being really cool. It was nice because it wasn't tourist-y, it was just a little local thing from a dance academy that our friend goes to here. We only stayed for about an hour, and saw a lot of little children dressed in traditional clothing dancing the very Peruvian Marinera dance. It was beautiful and I was again made very jealous by the awesome dancing skills everyone here seems to possess. Those tiny children had their feet moving faster than I could imagine! It was definitely worthwhile.

Then our friend Leia came to our house and we all ate dinner together. Then we baked chocolate chip cookies! We decided to play Pictionary, the juego de mesa we had bought earlier in the day, and six of us Americans played with our two Peruvian brothers, and although it was kind of difficult in Spanish, it was SO fun and I learned a lot of new words which was great. Colleen, one of my American sisters here, mentioned to our mom Nancy while we were baking that she really loves arroz con leche and would love to learn how to make it someday. Then, at 10 o'clock at night Nancy made arroz con leche and came and served it to all of us while we were playing. She is the cutest thing on earth! (Although, mommy, I do love you the most and think you are cute and wonderful too, I promise I haven't replaced you!)

Finally, two of Benja's friends came over (Benja=hermanito peruano) and we all played charades outside in the courtyard. I am still pleasantly surprised every time my host siblings want to hang out because I assumed they wouldn't want to spend time with so many foreigners. And I was shocked that 16/17 year old boys would want to play charades with a bunch of exchange students on a Saturday night. They were so nice! PLUS, they were frickin AMAZING at charades. We only did movies, and we did titles in English, and they got almost every one. It was incredibly fun. An innocent, wonderful Saturday night in with my favorite family south of the equator :)

Title: funny quote from my American brother Kevin. He owns his bro standing like no other. However, I don't think he's a bro in a bad way, I think he's rather great in fact!

Word of the day: INUNDACIÓN Flood. I had to draw this one tonight for Pictionary and it was a turn where both teams drew and guessed, so it was really intense and I got it! I felt very accomplished and realized because of this I would never ever forget this word! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment