Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"¡No sabes!"

(No sabes=guess what!)

:D I am making friends! I am learning (some things) really quickly! My Spanish is for sure improving and I can speak so much faster! I thought I would get a 5 out of 20 on my first test (fue un desastre) but I got a 15 (not great in terms of normal grades, but for a horrible quiz in Spanish that I didn't do 3/4 of the readings for--AWESOME!)! I am traveling this weekend! I am coming home early to volunteer because I loved it so much and miss the kids already! 

:( I think I'm getting carpal tunnel! My body still has not gotten used to the food here! I eat way too much manjarblanco (dulce de leche/caramel) and I am for sure gaining weight! Today the combi ride home was almost 2 hours! I have 300 pages of reading to do for my quiz on Wednesday! I don't know if I'll be able to graduate in 5 years! School/applications all the way back in Wisconsin have managed to follow me to Peru to stress me out!

Word of the day: TESORO Treasure. I was trying to explain to Benja why I am willing to spend time keeping a journal/scrapbook here, and, with the help of my dictionary, I was (for once) able to express my exact thoughts: "En diez años esto será un tesoro a mí." (In 10 years this will be a treasure to me). Que bonito.

1 comment:

  1. i gained soo much weight while i was in italy.
    and treasure in italian is tesero! it's close. it's a pet name in italian, too.

    ReplyDelete