Thursday, October 22, 2009

Castle Party...finally

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time, things have, once again, been crazy busy. (It's funny how often I say I'm busy when I really waste so much time, but my time here never feels wasted because I'm in PERU!) I want to do two updates because two big things have happened since I've last written. The first, obviously, was the big dance with Luis. It was a couple weeks ago (wow time flies) and it was SO FUN! I got to get my nails done, buy a new dress and fancy shoes, and have my friends do my hair and make-up...I felt like a princess (or a high schooler going to prom)! 

So Luis came and picked me up around 9. Leia and Kelly were over to help me get ready (along with Alison and Gina) and as soon as he arrived Leia turned into a TOTAL mom. Tons of pictures were taken, and I think since prom is non-existent here Lucho was kind of overwhelmed by the process. It was fun and amusing though, and we got some cute shots. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

and my favorite:

Photobucket

After the prom pictures we headed to Luis' house for a few minutes. It was his dad's birthday and his whole family was waiting for us to come to sing happy birthday and have cake. I thought I would need a shot or two to get me through the whole ordeal, but unfortunately in heels like mine that simply wasn't an option. (Of course I wouldn't really do that, don't get upset mom). Basically I had to meet his mom, dad, sister, aunts, uncles, and cousins in a somewhat risque dress and unable to speak their language. It was brutal. They assumed I couldn't speak Spanish (they were right) and were asking him questions about me while I stood there awkwardly. So strange. So then I just went and played with his two-year-old cousin Rafaela (Ela) and that was much easier. She really took to me and I think that made his family like me. At least I hope so. We ate some cake and took a taxi to the party in Callao.

I met all of his friends, which was also quite the awkward experience as they all assumed I couldn't speak Spanish either. I know that all of them know English, but they were too embarrassed to speak it to me, and I was too scared to speak Spanish, so I was just quiet for a long time, which is not like me. After a few beers things became better and I ended up really liking all of them, I hope they feel the same.  All in all it was a very successful night and I had a lovely time :) Gracias Luchito!

p.s. Full prom sequence here.

No comments:

Post a Comment